martes, 5 de abril de 2011

THE PSYCHOLOGY OF MUSIC by Cesia Panama


THE PSYCHOLOGY OF MUSICYOUR OPINION:

WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THE ARTICLE ABOVE?

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE FINDINGS OF THE STUDIES REGARDING THE PSYCHOLOGY OF MUSIC?

I totally agree with the findings of the researches written on this article. I had previous personal convictions about the reactions produced by some kinds of music. However, some other results of these studies about reactions and behaviours are really surprising to me.

The power of music in the human mind is wonderful: it helps to express emotions that poetry, painting or other types of art do not allow to. Sometimes music produces effects that are desired, such as intelligence or less pain and other times, it produces undesired effects, for example violence and suicide. I think people like different kinds of music depending on the need they unconsciously have, as they are not able to express deep emotions and the only way they find is by music.

However, the findings can also apply, not only to humans, but also to animals
and plants. I agree with those findings, as I knew animals recognize sounds and songs and by some attitudes, we can infer which song they like most. I did not know the relationship between music and plants. Nevertheless, I believe in the research results as I have heard once that children’s voice is healthy for plants, and they vibrate when they “hear” children or some other familiar’s voices. Some people turn on the radio to the plants so that they grow healthier and nicer but we cannot explain how it is produced as plants have no ears. We may be called “unscientific” but it is something true that has no rational explanation.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario